Friday, December 01, 2006

Wet Grit and Sweat

Fifty-five degrees at 6:30 this morning, and a fine mist upgrading itself to drizzle. But I didn't think the big stuff was going to come down for a while.

The whole day is better once training is taken care of. Even if I'm not training for anything in particular, it's a broad category that describes the pattern, the schedule and the daily importance of it.

I got a day's amusement out of ordering a touring frame and a bunch of parts for a customer. Building bikes for other people is as much fun as building them for myself, and I don't have to spend my own money or figure out where to store it. But this project is fairly straightforward. Now we have to wait for the parts before we can build the thing, wheels and all.

Rain is pouring down out there now. I need to shut this puppy down and drive an hour in the murk, then out to the grocery store.

No comments: