Today, my first day back at work in more than a week, I reconstructed a 7-speed Shimano LX rear Rapidfire Plus shifter pod and got it to work. Sorry I didn't get any pictures. I was stacking the parts to see if I could, and they started going together well. Since the process involves two springs and one ratchet pawl, as well as stepped washers of different thicknesses and a keyed washer that anchors one end of one spring, once I started I had to keep pressure on each layer and move quickly to the next.
The parts had not been completely stripped off the main shaft, but the owner had removed everything that came off easily. Miraculously, he'd managed to keep all of them. The trickiest bit was keeping the flat coiled springs in place while I laid on whatever layer went above them.
That was the most interesting part of the day.