This dried pickle impaled on a plastic fork had been sitting on the desk in the workshop for an unknown length of time when I got to work on Wednesday. It remained there until some time Thursday morning.
This first-generation Rapidfire shifter seemed to be suffering from the congealed-grease condition we call "earwax." If you look closely, you will see that it also harbored some sort of mud-encased insect larva or pupa and some debris that might have come from another insect on which it had fed. Unfortunately, I don't think it was an earwig. That would have been too appropriate.