Tuesday, July 03, 2007

There, that's done

This minor pre-holiday grocery load included a bundle of broccoli, a head of lettuce (red leaf), a 12-pack of cat food pouches, a box of graham crackers, a package of flour tortillas, a block of Vermont cheddar, a box of laundry soap powder, a bag of coffee beans (fair trade, organic), two 6-packs of beer (two varieties), four peaches and a dozen eggs.

The S.S. Hernia about to set sail. I don't even want to think about the loading on that rear wheel. I never plan to load the Cross-Check heavily, so I haven't fitted a front rack. I could have used it today. I stuck myself out over the front wheel and pedaled really delicately. Everything made it home intact. The tires are mix-match, 700x35 rear, 700x32 front, because I pressed my exploring/touring rear wheel into daily service last month and I haven't done anything with the tires. The matching 700x35 is on the front wheel of the fatty set. I should put it on. I'm just too impressed with the longevity of the 1980s Mavic MA2 rim that's on the front now. Front wheels generally last forever, barring severe trauma.

No comments: