Friday, July 20, 2007

They Hate Freedom

They hate us because we are free. They hate us because we question the beliefs they hold so fervently. They hate us because they think we don't belong in their country.

Assuming that their way of life is the one true path, they deem us infidels, lesser beings who deserve to be destroyed.

They can't stand freedom. Having given it up themselves, it irks them to see anyone else have it and use it. They create a whole value system based on the necessity to be like them and deprive ourselves as they do.

They don't really want to see anyone reduce their dependence on foreign oil. Real freedom is too much work. Slaving like a dog to pay car payments, insurance, upkeep and fuel costs is deemed freedom, worth the price of lives lost at home and abroad. Putting forth one's own wholesome effort to get from place to place is subversive, annoying, despicable self-indulgence.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting.

Enjoying your blog. I was thinking similar thoughts this afternoon as I hitched up my cart to my bike to bring my recycling (one garbage can full of misc. plastic/aluminum/glass, two paper dog food bags full of paper trash). I have some "license plates" that I came across online that say "Bicycling - a quiet statement against the oil wars" (like the one here:
http://www.nowpublic.com/bicycling_against_oil_wars )

I'm not very far away (near Derry). Let me know if you want one. The person I ordered from sent me an extra.

Dr. Logan said...

Yeah, but they wear American flag ties and yellow ribbons, so...

Yokota Fritz said...

Nifty comparison.

Anonymous said...

Dammit, this is the best political comment ever. You start out with that fear mongering speech by George W Bush & then you end it by discussing America's dependence on foreign oil. Oh by the way bikes are great. I just love to past by cars stuck in traffic. Even though yesterday I fell because my handle bars are "oversized' and they hit the mirrors of two cars stopped. I am planning on getting new bike.