Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hope (and Floyd) Springs Eternal

Emotional rollercoasters like the last three days of the Tour keep me from developing favorites. Landis is on top! Landis is crushed! Landis springs back in one of the most amazing rides in Tour history!

This is a great year for the race because there were no powerful favorites. I actually read someone's blog or forum post early in July complaining that the race would be too boring to watch because of this. But a wide-open race is anything but boring.

I'll be at my parents' this weekend, where they have steadfastly resisted getting broadband. I may just have to go hang out at the local telegraph office and wait for the Morse code to come in. They might have OLN, but I've gotten hooked on the internet feed.

1 comment:

Yokota Fritz said...

I don't have cable, so I follow the TdF with the VeloNews text update page. What a throwback to the early days of sports radio broadcasting, when local announcers read telegraph updates and embellished as necessary.